At Scholz Electrical we are committed to the environment. Your contribution to thinking and acting green will have a positive impact on your household budget but more importantly you will be doing your part to reduce your carbon footprint.
If you require direction we offer an advisory service on how to “go green’’ at home or at work.
Some Ways To Help You Go Green
- Replace all incandescent bulbs with long life fluorescent bulbs.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room to avoid unnecessary consumption of electricity
- For those extra hot days when you feel the need to use your air conditioner, ensure all of your doors and windows are closed and pull across curtains and blinds to maximise efficiency
- Have your air conditioner regularly serviced
- Maintain and service your hot water system and ask us about having cheaper heating tariffs connected
- Replace old and inefficient white goods such as washing machines and refrigeration units. Motors on old appliances require a lot more energy which adds more stress to the electrical grid and, in turn, the environment. Aging washing machines are often less water efficient. Older refrigerators can sometimes emit harmful CFC gases into the atmosphere. When you are considering the replacement of your white goods, refer to the “star rating” assigned to the particular appliance.
Going Green-Beyond Just Solar Power
Renewable energy products use fewer resources than non-renewable energy products. Scholz Electrical can give you advice on how to reduce the impact of your energy consumption on the environment, while at the same time saving you money.
For example, we can
- Swap your incandescent bulbs to LEDs or CFLs [these draw less power and last longer].
- Advise you on cheaper power rates and better-performing appliances.
- Swap your electric hot water system for a solar system on your roof.
Let us help you help your environment.